Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fall is COMING!!!!
I want to share with you my "haven" from work! Six years ago, David and I decided to put in a swimming pool for our relaxation in the summer! Our kids, now adults, were delighted, but did ask why we waited until they were grown to do this???? We assured them that their home, food, clothing, education and activities and such prevented us from the luxury of this delightful item, until now! Once the decision was made, we made the best choice we felt we could make--and this is how it turned out! We feel truly blessed to have this pool and we try to share it with friends and neighbors, as well as enjoying wonderful family gatherings each summer! This year, we had the opportunity to open it to the youth fellowship at our church and had a couple of parties for them, along with a cookout once, and a pizza supper another time! Why am I showing everyone our pool now--empty! Well, that's because summer is coming to an end, and with great sadness, I realize that once again the swimming season is almost over! David threatens, almost daily, that "today is the day we need to close the pool". Yesterday, with the outside temperature at a cool 81 degrees, and the pool temperature at 83, I braved the chilly water to swim, again! It is, possibly, the last time for this summer, so I took the cleaning supplies and scrubbed the sides and steps, thinking that just maybe, I can squeeze in one or two more swim days! I hope so--Anyway, if you're ever here in the summer, drop by! Bring your suit and jump right in! As a social worker, whose job is child abuse investigations, this summer respite is just perfect when I come in from a busy day of work. I change into my swimsuit, close the house up, and venture out the back door to the deck where a large umbrella shades my lounge chair, and I can stretch out for a moment, then swim, uninterrupted until David and I decide to go in for supper! Afterward, we return to the pool for another swim, often joined by family and friends, and sometimes relax there until 9 or 10 p.m. We thank God for providing this haven for us, and for allowing us to share it with others!

No comments: